Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Sally Chronicles: Whoo Hoooo Awesome Run! SeaWheeze 2013 Run "Check"

What a perfect day for a run, overcast and in the high 60's here in Vancouver!   I had an incredible and very fun 21.1k run!!!  I am now glowing in my runners high.

The Start corrals we were buzzing with the energy and the nerves.  As we were set to go the cheers and noise from all the spectators and the residents who came out on their balconies to cheer our start were so loud that the street was vibrating.  We were off at 7:00 am sharp and there were so many people it took at least one hour for everyone to start!

The first cheer station was at 5K it was  Buddhist monks and a karate school of children busting out their kick and karate chops!!!   So many things to be seen on the entire course, their were Canadian Mounty's, Viking warriors, Drags Queens, mermaids, paddle boarders on the bay cheering, and yes Sasquatch and random sea creatures were also visible on the course.  Note: big old "Squatch" could not catch me!

We ran through the city of Vancouver up the bleeping Burrard St Bridge (note to bridge bite me), then we were on the beautiful sea wall in Stanley park.  Incredible views, off the sea wall I spotted the mermaids on the rocks and then we looped back into the city for the finish line and swag.

I collected my finishers medal, scull candy ear phones (thats right!!!) and water and headed for the runners breakfast.  Wowza, what a spread, fruit, waffles, quiche , muffins, whew I am stuffed.

Going to take a walk around the city to see what I can see and then I will be off to the party in Stanley park tonight with yoga and several bands , It should be a great time.










No comments:

Post a Comment